Saturday, February 12, 2011

Holy Spam CR-48 List!

Hi all. We wanted to apologize for the emails that were sent to this group tonight.
A bug in our script to invite users to a Chrome notebook discussion group accidentally signed everyone up to receive email by default. We have turned off all posting to the group for now while we try to see what happened.

From the Chrome Notebook Pilor Users Group

I, like the rest of the CR48 testers, was added to the CR-48 Google Group and got emailed a good ~68 or so emails. It's Saturday morning and I usually just catch up with sleep on the weekends so I slept through all ~68 or so CR-48 Google Groups spam. So though my G1 battery is in need of charging (I'm used to it since the G1 battery is horrible), I now know that there's an official Google Groups for the CR-48 users!

Next time, one email and a heads up would suffice. ;)

Cheers!

P.S. I like the redesign of Google Groups!

No comments: