Saturday, January 8, 2011

CR-48 Content Browser Bug and Multitouch Support!

Update: If you check out the comment thread below, you can see how to get rid of this "Scanning Device..." message.

Content Browser Bug

I plugged in a digital video recorder device the other day to upload some files. The Content Browser acknowledged the device immediately and all went well. However, I now get this "Scanning Device.." message with an opened Content Browser every time I wake up the notebook or log in. It just sits there and all I do is close it. It keeps popping up now though. No, the device is not connected any longer.

Weird eh? Anyone else having this issue? --yes, I sent in a bug report to Google.


Multitouch w00t!

I just played with AudioTool (pretty cool so far!) and while playing around noticed the multi-touch support for the trackpad! Apparently, you can zoom in and out [in that app] just as you would in Android or an iphone.

So technically, I was trying to scroll in that app with two fingers on the trackpad like it said to do in the "Get Started" walkthrough. But hey, nice find for me!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Reddog176 said...

goto about:flags in the address bar, and turn off the advanced file system support

Unknown said...

@reddog176 thanks man that got rid of the message. though, i did want to get some testing on the advanced file system, it didn't seem to give me much more functionality (videos on my usb device didn't play, etc.)