Monday, December 20, 2010

CR-48 Webcam Quality Youtube Test

I guess you can say that I don't use youtube enough to realize that you can upload direct-from-webcam videos. Anyhow, since there is a webcam set up in this CR-48, I decided to test it out. --I technically wanted to try and upload the short video I made of the CR-48, but I can't seem to be able to see my files! (I inserted an sdcard.)



Also, as a brief update; I found out a couple more helpful things for the CR-48. It has a physical switch that you can toggle into "developer mode". W00t!

Yes, it is possible to get into a shell! The folks over at Chromeoslounge.com have a thread going that dropped a hint.
Terminal:Ctrl+Alt+T
Then, you can toggle between Chrome and the terminal via Alt+1|2

Terminal first brings you up in this "crosh" shell. You can run shell to get more functionality. Running a simple sudo su will let you gain root!

Also, looks like it's possible to get Ubuntu installed as well, but I'll hold off for now as I promised to test out Chrome Os.

So as long as I've got my shell I'm happy. I can even work, with the exception of email (though, I can just do webmail).

I know I promised pictures, but I would like to try and figure out how to upload files directly from the sdcard on this machine. --Mounting my NAS would even be better. Yes, I can mount the sdcard, but no, I can not see it even if I symlink it to the Downloads directory.

Still testing... but happier than before!

Quick Notes:
Keyboard shortcuts ctrl+alt+/
Terminal ctrl+alt+t
Toggle between Chrome and Shell(s) alt+[1...n] /*works as a stack and your latest shell will be alt+2; your oldest shell will be alt+n*/

No comments: